Tuesday 9 August 2011

Basil

My name is Maaniasie Basil. I was born on the 16th of December, 1978 in Nandom, in a farming community called Kogle, under the upper west Region of Ghana.
It is no wonder that farming is my hobby. Born in a farming community with my parents being farmers, I loved to help my parents on the farm when I was very young. In 1985 my father passed away, leaving my poor mother who continued to till a small piece of land to take care of the five of us (2 girls and 3 boys).
Currently I am working with Chalice, a Catholic Sponsorship Programme as the field worker for Chalice -NBB in Nandom. I am dealing with a total of 303 sponsored children which includes four schools, namely Betaglo, Brutu, Bu and Dabateng.
Sometimes the work is challenging, however it's interesting to me to deal with children from different homes with different characters. It is my hope that these poor children will grow in the spirit of God to be responsible, and sharing Christ's love with others who are in need.  maaniasiebasil@yahoo.com

No comments: