Sunday 14 August 2011

Final Post

Saturday, August 13

I’m now back in Calgary, and posting my final blog.  As I reflect on the past month I am astounded at how much I experienced in thirty days.  I met many dedicated individuals who work tirelessly to improve the situation in Northern Ghana.  I met teachers who work with few resources, limited training and in challenging conditions.  I met Chalice staff who identify children and families in need and fill out sponsorship requests with the hope that someone will step forward to sponsor.  There are currently over 200 children in the Upper West Region of Ghana waiting for a sponsor to choose them.  Will you be that sponsor?   

  
Trip Home

Friday, August 12
I started my journey back to Canada by riding this bus from Wa to Kumasi.  We stopped halfway for a washroom and food break.  Vendors quickly set up shop beside the bus.  Fifteen minutes later the bus driver honked the horn, and everyone piled back on the bus for the remaining three hour trip.  Despite being completely full it was surprisingly quiet on the bus, with only the occasional ringing of a cell phone. 

No comments: